Introduce Yourself to the Community!

Hello All,

My Name is Turquoise. I am 35,a mother of 5 and a wife. I am a manager/cook for 215 high schoolers. Part time I work at a arena cooking also. I am from New Jersey and looking to get fit. My goal is to eat better… exercise better and fit in my bikini for our family vacation in June. I am not a breakfast person so that is one of my challenges far as what to eat at that time. Other then that I have a awesome exercise app that I will be following. Along with this mealtime app. Im really excited to try some of the awesome meals that you guys have on here.

1 Like

Welcome to @bmclaro and @Turqoisblu! Great to have you in our community!

1 Like

Hi. I was introduced to Mealime by my friend a few months ago and it has been brilliant so far. Me and my other half are trying to lose weight for our wedding so opted for the low carb options and have loved all but 1 or two of the recipes we have tried so far. We use it every day as I am crap at thinking of interesting new meals to cook.
N :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @NattyBocko, welcome to the community! It’s great to hear that your friends told you about Mealime. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Lisa and I’m from NC, I’m 39 and have a husband and 2 boys. I work for Social Services and come home in the evenings with my brain unable to make anymore decisions! I recently found out I have a lot of food sensitivities and have been very overwhelmed with meal planning.
I just downloaded the app this morning but I already feel that I love it and recommended it to all of my Facebook friends.
I appreciate SO much the ability to cross off foods that you are allergic to or just don’t like. I also love that you have this community. I’m looking forward to using this app and really appreciate how easy it is to use!
I hope I did this post correctly! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You did great :slight_smile: Hello Lisa! Welcome to Mealime and the community. Thanks so much for sharing Mealime with your friends - it’s great to hear that you appreciate the allergy / dislikes feature. We think this is important and will continue to work to make it better. Let us know how we can make the app better for you, anytime. Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m Kay and I’m a 40 year old professional organizer in Boston and my husband and I are OBSESSED with Mealime. We’ve been using it for about a year now and it really helps us not waste food and to make better choices about meals in the evenings. I’m a little too obsessed with the veggie burrito bowl right now. LOL :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone. My name is Ria, I am a stay at home mommy and wife of 5 kids and 1 hubby, ranging from 15 - 2 months (kids of course lol). I am looking to give myself and my family a healthier lifestyle. I currently started using the fitbit and am becoming more aware of bad habits and lack of good nutrition and excessive bad nutrition. It’s amazing to me how many carbs and how much sodium is in food! Not to mention the lack of water we drink. It’s frustrating and difficult to meal plan and shop when u are clueless and have very little time to spare. I am looking forward to the simplicity this app offers and the variety of meals. I just looked at my first 4 meals and checked off the ingredients I already have and it left me with a smile, 14 things to get at the store to feed my family for the next 4 days. It’s a good start and the meals look more than fabulous! I’m excited to offer my family fun, exciting new meals while also offering healthy and nutritious food! Thank you for your hard work so people like me don’t have to work so hard!

1 Like

Welcome to Mealime, Kay! I’m not sure if it’s possible to be too obsessed with a burrito bowl! Haha. Thanks for introducing yourself :slight_smile:

Hello Ria! Welcome to Mealime and the community - thanks so much for sharing your story. It’s great to hear that you’ve found the app useful so far; hopefully this continues!

1 Like

Hi!

I just downloaded this app today. I’m looking to improve the overall eating habits for my family. I liked the reviews I saw and it seems pretty easy to use. I am busy looking through the recipes and so far, I like it! I’m eager to try it starting next Sunday. I threw in a recipe I make that is a favorite of my husband’s into your community thread of adding recipes. Baked Chicken wings. They come out crispy and really tasty. I said serves 2-4 because while I can eat 6 pieces… my husband can throw down 12 easy. Anyway, hi! looking forward to using your app and hopefully eating healthier and saving $$$ at the grocery store. The grocery list is a big plus for me.

That’s it for now.
Chitowngirl (Chicago)
Trish

2 Likes

Welcome Trish! Hope you keep finding the app helpful! And thanks for sharing that recipe with us. That’s great!

1 Like

Hello! I just upgraded to Mealime pro today after using it for nearly five months now. I’d just like to say thank you for leveling up my chef game. I started off just with two meals a week and have worked my way up to five now. I feel more confident in the kitchen and really enjoy the easy recipes + shopping help. Having never learned to cook this app really changed my life - I look forward to cooking more new recipes! :sunny:

2 Likes

Hi there @Brunsonja! Thanks so much for upgrading to Pro - we really appreciate your support :slight_smile: You’ve done exactly what we recommend - started out small and slowly upped things as you got more comfortable. Way to go!

1 Like

Hi there,

My name is Elaine and I’m a Reigstered Dietitian that stumbled upon this app one day looking for ways to help my clients with easy, healthy meals. I knew it was amazing after the first week of trying it for myself. My cooking-challenged boyfriend loves it because we save tons of money and he is able to create wonderful meals just by following simple instructions. I’ve recommended to all my patients and get TONs of satisfied feedback. If you’ve had a burst of memberships in Hawaii, you’re very welcome. :wink: I’m so happy this app exists. You are helping people change their lives, their health, and their families for the better. Keep up the great work!

Mahalo,
Elaine Davis

Wow! That’s really amazing to hear Elaine! Thanks so much for sharing the app with your patients. We will keep working hard to make sure this stays a great resource for you!

Hi! My name is Dana and I came across this app as a great idea to meal planning.

My husband and I work full time, and have 2 young (aka picky) kids. With several allergies, and dislikes, I was hesitant to pay for a subscription service that 1 - didnt take into account the allergies or dislikes, or 2 - delivered food to my house for way too high of cost.

We buy meat in bulk, so I always try to use what we have before buying more.

Things I love about the app so far (first week using it):

• love that I can choose how many meals to cook. That is huge with events happening at night, or family outings, I know some weeks I will need 5 meals, and others I will only need 2.
  • LOVE that it automatically omits meals that we have allergies or dislikes to.
  • love that we’re eating good, healthy meals, and we can change it up at any time!

Hi! I’m Brigid, just looking to get into cooking more instead of eating out all the time. Hopefully this will be an easy way to do it!

1 Like

Hi Brigid! You rock.

<3 Amy

1 Like

Hi all - my name is Caitlin. I currently live in San Diego, CA, USA, currently 29 years old and I’m a full-stack developer.

I’m here because I need to find a more cost effective approach to grocery shopping, eat healthy delicious meals, and lose a bit of weight in the meantime.

In my free time I like to take my puppy to the dog beach, do some coding for side projects, and explore taquerias in Tijuana.

Hi- my name is Kiyoko and I am a new member of the Mealime Team. My official title is Manager of Customer Success, I think it makes me sound like I’m a superhero. I am really excited to be part of a community that wants to eat healthier, cook more often at home,save money, and have less food wastes. Some things my household has been pretty guilty of not doing

I love exploring the outdoors in the beautiful Comox Valley were I currently live. I am particularly fond of trail running. I also happen to be an avid knitter and sewist. These hobbies tend to lean towards a quick turn around at meal times. Mealime is really helping with that. My biggest concern just now is how to prevent my hubby for using the key ingredients we need for meals at other times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to hearing from all of you and helping support Mealime users to -stress less about food, cause we all have to eat like everyday:)