Making 5 days for 2

Hello,

I am trying to make 5-7 meals for the week for dinner and 5-7 meals for lunch. I would like to duplicate the math so my son can eat the same thing. We are identical in size. I want to make the most meals in shortest time. I would like this app to do that math for me. Is that possible?

I am not sure how much the 2 or 4 saving option will give me. Is that one day or three days? Can I make it 5 or 7 days?

My trainer has a recommended 2300 calories a day for me and wants me to go high in protein.

I am not sure the best way to use this app to achieve this.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Scottz! Thanks for the question.

If you choose the 4 serving option and pick 5 recipes for your next meal plan, then that should give you enough for both of you to have dinner and lunch on those 5 days (2 servings for dinner and 2 for lunch). That’s what my wife and I do, and it works great. Does that answer your question? I hope I understood correctly.

The Pro version of Mealime lets you see calorie counts and search by calories for recipes, which could be helpful.

1 Like

That is helpful however does that mean I will be making five different recipes? I am trying to keep it simple. So I would rather just eat the same thing all week to make the cooking process easier. It would be cool if the app just let me say how many days I wanted to cook the same thing

1 Like

Oh, I see. I think I misunderstood you, Scottz. Yes, that would mean you would be making 5 different meals. Currently you can only scale a recipe up to 4 servings, so if you want to cook more than 4 servings at a time you’ll need to manually multiply the ingredients. Definitely, more flexibility with scaling-up recipes is something we’d like to add. It isn’t trivial, though, because the instructions and timing are different when making large quantities.

1 Like