Holiday and seasonal recipes

We’re coming up on Oktoberfest, so I’m looking for some good German recipes to pair with the Oktoberfest beer I just got. When starting my new meal plan, I searched “German” and only found one (the pork schnitzel with German cucumber salad). It looks delicious, but I find it hard to believe that’s the only German recipe on Mealime. I have noticed that sometimes when I search for “Mexican” it leaves out many of the Mexican recipes I’ve tried, when I search “Indian” it doesn’t show all the Indian recipes, etc. I’d love to see categories for “German,” “Indian,” as well as seasonal categories like “Christmas,” “Thanksgiving,” etc. I’m not sure if these recipes just don’t exist yet on Mealime or if they’re just hard to find.

Anyway, I’m getting a bit sidetracked here, but back to my original question. Do you have any other German/Oktoberfest recipes besides the schnitzel, or are my settings/restrictions preventing me from seeing them?

Hey!

We were just discussing this very topic with the recipe team. Here’s what I can tell you:

1. We are exploring how we can do a better job of categorizing our existing recipes by cuisine. This is an active project internally and we should be able to address it relatively quickly.
  2. We hope to add more recipes from a variety of cuisines in the future… we’re just trying to figure out how to do it best.
  3. We have some constraints to our recipes - we only use ingredients that are generally available everywhere and we have minimum nutrition requirements. This means that in some cases, our takes on different cuisines will be more Mealime than the most authentic version of the recipe.
  4. Holiday specific recipes are probably the trickiest, in that they break the Mealime recipe style guide the most as they tend to be comprised of lots of side dishes and take more time! However, we’re also trying to figure out how we can address this in a uniquely Mealime way.

Thanks for bringing this up - expect some news on this soon!