Hello from Susan in IA

Hi All.

I am new to Mealime and thought I would take a minute and introduce myself. I am Susan, from Iowa. I live with my husband, youngest daughter (16) and our 3 little dogs. Our oldest daughter (almost 22) is in her last year of college in Minnesota.

I joined Mealime for 2 reasons. I am a natural planner and find the task of planning out all of our meals to be too time consuming. I also am trying to eat a little healthier in the hope of losing weight. Except for my youngest, I have a household of picky eaters so it has been a bit of a challenge. My husband is still mad at me for trying to pass off mashed cauliflower as mashed potatoes. :wink:

I’m looking forward to cooking some new dishes and reading what everyone posts!!

2 Likes

Hi Susan! Thanks so much for introducing yourself. You’re so right that planning meals manually can be quite a time consuming process. I hope Mealime helps you to plan more easily and, who knows, maybe you’ll be able to introduce your family to some new foods that they’ll like! Fingers crossed :wink:

1 Like

Hi there! My name is Susan too! I joined Mealime for the same reasons you did. Your post made me laugh because my husband is like that also. Ironically, he’s the one who subbed cauliflower mash first, but he will always say that frozen yogurt is not an acceptable substitute for ice cream. He was also not happy when I tried to sneak Greek yogurt in place of sour cream :smile:

1 Like

Ha! I have to agree with your husband! Greek yogurt- blah! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hey Susan! What part of Iowa do you live in?

1 Like