Browsing recipes

Hi. First, I just want to say that I love Mealime so much. It’s literally changed the way I cook and eat. I’ve been using it consistently for around 8 to 10 months I think. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I recommend it all the time.

My question is this: Is it possible to browse recipes without creating or editing a new meal plan? I make my meal plan for the week, but sometimes I’d just like to go through the list of recipes and browse and mentally plan for the next week’s meals. But I can’t figure out how to do that without creating a new meal plan, and I don’t want to discard my current plan because I’m still using it, if that makes sense.

I’m not very tech savvy so maybe I’m missing something obvious. I’ve been going to the website to browse recipes since I can’t figure out how to do it on the app. Thanks so much.

1 Like

That’s fantastic! Thanks for using Mealime and sharing it with others!

Really great question. You can browse recipes without creating a meal plan. If you click “New” on the meal plan screen to open up the meal plan builder, you can peruse recipes freely. When you are done, click the “X” in the top left to cancel, instead of “Done” on the bottom right. That way you don’t create a new meal plan.

We want to make this easier and more obvious, so I am looking at creating a special place to browse recipes outside of the context of building a new meal plan. Stay tuned about that!

Hope that helps!

Thanks very much for explaining that! I tried it just now and it’s really easy. Sorry I couldn’t figure that out on my own. :joy: Thank you again. :blush:

1 Like

oh this is great to know…we botched up our meal plan a few times trying to browse…

Can you use the ‘heart’ on items that you are browsing even if you’ve not prepared them yet as a way to find them more easily when you build future meal plans>

You sure can! You can favorite recipes while you are browsing, so it’s easier to find them later.