What would make Mealime better for you? šŸš€

I think if you made an option to sync nutrition information with My Fitness Pal, it would increase the appā€™s usefulness from ā€œNice to haveā€ to ā€œEssentialā€.

Automatically place personally added grocery items into the categories. Other than that, this app is AWESOME!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if I have missed this feature or if itā€™s not available. I am on a calorie restricted diet being as I had the lap band procedure. I would love to see a feature that we could choose to find low-calorie meals.
Myself personally Iā€™m on low cal, low carb, high protein, and fiber.

I love this app and the concept. Iā€™m so excited to use it! Itā€™s made my meal planning about 90% easier.
One of my favorite things is cooking and trying new things. With this app it makes both things possible while staying healthy!! Iā€™m just ecstatic about it!!! :grin:

You havenā€™t missed this, as it doesnā€™t (yet) exist! Weā€™re exploring what a calorie customization / filter feature could look like, so hopefully weā€™ll be able to help you achieve your goals soon :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words about the app!

Thanks for your feedback @Taylor! As MFP has a closed API, weā€™ve (so far) been unable to reach anyone on their team to see what an integration could look like.

Question for you: would an Apple Health / Google Fit integration work for you instead? I believe your Mealime data could be sent to Apple Health / Google Fit, then synced with MFP. Do you use either of these apps? Would this be helpful, or would a plain MFP integration work better for your needs? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes! I think an advance prep option would be great!!

I would love to see something for the ingredients. Instead of, 1 jalapeno, have 1 jalapeno chopped and seeded. Or with ā€œchicken breastsā€, have chicken a breasts whole, or chicken breast cut into quarters, or chicken breasts cubed.

That way when I go to do meal prep, I donā€™t have to sit and scan through the recipes to figure out what I am doing with the food. I make a few meals at a time and this would make it easier for me.

Love the app so far. It is awesome.

1 Like

Hello, I enjoy cooking. I have more time on weekends and would like a more advanced, finer food or longer cook time menu to cook some delicious food on weekends. For example, I would love to make a fresh langostino gnocci on the weekend but, would never make it on a weekday. Currently I surf the web looking for something that interests me but, it takes an additional trip to the store and the recipe sources are sometimes questionable. Food for thought!

Iā€™m loving this app.

I have favorited several recipes from different categories; most fall under ā€˜Classicā€™ and ā€˜Paleoā€™. Iā€™d like to be able to combine my favorites from those categories and build a weekly meal plan off of that. As of now, I build a small weekly meal plan from one category and then handwrite the ingredients, shopping list, and instructions of the other recipes I want on a sheet of paper. This requires me to walk around the grocery store with my phone, pen, and pad. Needless to say, it gets very chaotic at times.

I suggest that ALL favorited meals, regardless of category, be accessible for weekly meal plan building.

1 Like

I am brand new. I would love to be able to manage my meal plan by being able to delete meals. I started out with the automatic suggestions and didnā€™t like the sound of them so I modified the setting to let me pick them tried to delete the original ones. Then I read that you canā€™t and have to create a new plan. I did that and it didnā€™t save any of them. Kinda frustrated. Iā€™m a techie and am finding this app hard to navigate. I would also love low calorie options. 500+ calories a serving is pretty high.
Iā€™m going to play with it a bit more. Hopefully Iā€™ll get the hang of it. I paid for the monthly subscription.

More options for disliked ingredients. I know Iā€™m a minority, but Iā€™m just not into chicken.

2 Likes

Hi all, I just joined the app. I like cooking and have been doing so for years, but since I am terrible at determining how much I need to buy from the grocery store, even after planning my menu for the week, I have started to look for a way out. Today, for instance, I went to the grocery store and I spent $180 for groceries for one person for a week! Granted some of the stuff I got was for the freezer and some to refill the pantry, but I did not calculate precisely how much veggies I will need.

My current goals is to eat more salads and more (green) juices, so I would love if the app gives me a solution for these goals.

Also I would love it if there is a way to select recipes for meals that can be frozen as well as one pot meals.

This app is a great project!

p.s. I thought I was posting in the introduce yourself forum. As for what would make the app better, as I mentioned earlier, I am really looking for a convenient way to gauge more precisely how much produce tonbuy given that I want to eat more salads and also juice at least 4-5 times per week.

1 Like

Is there a way of removing/replacing a meal from the meal plan screen without having to start again and losing your other meals?

5 Likes

A breakfast menu would be a great addition to Mealime. I am trying to cut out as many carbs as possible, but because of a lack of inspiration and/or time I end up having either toast or cereal in a morning. Having a few healthy breakfast ideas would be great.
N :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello!

Thank you so much, Mealime is really great!

I was thinking that an option that would allow users to add recipes would be really cool. If you had a form to fill out for a recipe and then we could opt to add a ā€œbetaā€ recipe from the user-added recipes to our menu for the week.

From there we could try new recipes and rate them- maybe the top rated could be added to your recipe line-up.

I thought it would be cool and maybe help you guys expand the menu without having to do all the work yourselves:-)

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hello! Just started Mealime to help with meal planning with the roomie. I saw in posts from last year that mentioned ā€˜advanced meal prepā€™, and this is something I would really like to see on this app. The recipes all look delicious, but we both work different schedules which makes it tricky to cook every night. So having some guidance and instructions for cooking different foods in weekly portions as well as food storage and reheating would be really helpful.
Also, a pantry function where you can input ingredients you already have, and Mealime suggests recipes that incorporate them would be awesome! Not many apps have that function and I feel it would be very practical.

Google Fit integration would be fantastic!

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know![quote=ā€œGoosey, post:117, topic:28, full:trueā€]
Hello! Just started Mealime to help with meal planning with the roomie. I saw in posts from last year that mentioned ā€˜advanced meal prepā€™, and this is something I would really like to see on this app. The recipes all look delicious, but we both work different schedules which makes it tricky to cook every night. So having some guidance and instructions for cooking different foods in weekly portions as well as food storage and reheating would be really helpful.
Also, a pantry function where you can input ingredients you already have, and Mealime suggests recipes that incorporate them would be awesome! Not many apps have that function and I feel it would be very practical.
[/quote]

Hello @Goosey! Welcome to Mealime :smiley: Thank you so much for your feedback. I agree that both of those features would be great value-adds. If you have any additional suggestions, please donā€™t hesitate to let us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

This. I cannot understand why this isnā€™t possible yetā€¦

Search recipes with keywords/ingredients. Sometimes I buy protein in bulk then chop it down and freeze Iā€™m vacuum bags. It would be nice to pick meals based on what I already have on hand to save some cash. Awesome app though, keep it up!

2 Likes