I am really enjoying this app and so far have no complaints about how it’s laid out. For me personally I’ve challenged myself to make 5 new recipes a week. I know you can mark off which recipes you’ve made, but I would love it if there was just a tally somewhere on your profile to let you know how many different things you’ve cooked.
I would like to see Google Home Integration.
Being able to add items to the grocery list via google home. Its so convenient to open the fridge and ask (via voice) google home to add stuff to my shopping list. Currently use both google shopping list and mealime. When at the store I am constantly switching back and forth. would be nice to just use mealime.
Being able to display cooking instructions on google home display. Voice advancing the instructions and having the display read the instructions to me is very handy.
I love this app! Seriously it’s really amazing but one problem I have is that if it says the recipe will take 30 mins it always takes me closer to 45 and if it’s the first time cooking it it may take an hour. Maybe I’m just a slow cook but I do strive to make dinner as quick and simple as possible. With most recipes I have “mom hacked” them and made simple changes like buying already sliced carrots instead of whole carrots or using canned corn instead of on the cob. In one recipe I bake the sweet potatoes rather than cook in a pan so that they are cooking while I’m getting the rest of the dinner ready. Which is one reason I am happy to have the subscription because I can make not of these little tweaks to the recipes. I’d love if new recipes had a few suggestions on how to “hack” a recipe to make it simpler or faster (even just at the bottom with an asterisk or something). Another issue I have is that I feel like the meat takes almost twice as long to cook as stated. Again maybe I’m the only one with this issue but especially with chicken I feel it takes much longer to cook. For example I made wings with spicy carrots the other night and it says the chicken should cook two to three mins on each side and a total of ten mins. It felt like it took forever and because I’m paranoid that I’m going to serve raw chicken I googled how to tell when chicken is cooked and then checked each one with a thermometer. It felt like over kill but I didn’t know how else to tell if the chicken was done since it still looked raw in places after ten minutes.
One other thing is that when it says medium sauce pan or large pan that is actually more vague than it seems. I made the wedding soup the other day and it said medium pan so I used my medium pan but then had to switch it to a bigger one half way through because it didn’t fit. If it had in addition approximately how many quarts or how big in diameter a pan should be that would be helpful!
Again I really love the app and though I was long winded in this post these complaints really are minor in the grand scheme of things and I am happy to be subscribed to this app I think it’s worth every penny!
I like the idea of being able to add our own recipes, but the way that works now isn’t something I’d use since it’s pretty basic, so I maintain my recipes in Paprika. He’s a few suggestions that would improve it (for me):
- Ability to add/edit recipes in the desktop browser. I’d rather type out a long recipe on my computer than my phone.
- Ability to add an image to the recipe.
- Autocomplete suggestions or search for ingredients. If one isn’t recognized, maybe offer up the name/quantity/section dialog that exists in the shopping list.
- Add custom recipe ingredients to the proper category in the shopping list.
- Import a recipe from a txt or html file.
- One of my favorite features of Paprika is the Save Recipe Bookmarklet. I’m not sure how it scapes web pages for recipes, but it works well. Something like that for Mealime custom recipes would be awesome.
- The format of Mealime recipes is awesome, and it’s spoiled me for recipes from other sources. I’d love if there was an advanced editor for custom recipes that’d let me use the same format you all use.
- Export recipes (custom and Mealime) so they can be easily imported into another app.
Hi There, Thank you for the feedback these are great suggestions!