What would make Mealime better for you? šŸš€

Hi Renegaderete - Just wanted to let you know that our iPad app was released this week - Cooking mode is supported in sideways (landscape) view. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Rwatlz! Just wanted to let you know that our iPad app was released this week! It includes a Cooking Mode format that takes advantage of the larger screen. Check it out in the App Store and let us know what you think!

@tmoronta, @taylor, @Kipkristi, @jsimp20, @cenderella, @mylorac, @Mahalia
@mitch
You all expressed some interest in being able to share nutritional information to MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, or other apps. For those of you that are iOS users, we just wanted to let you know that Mealimeā€™s latest version now includes an integration with Apple Health, which in turn will sync with MyFitnessPal, Fitbit and other nutritional apps.

This is just version 1 of the integration, but it should make things easier in consolidating your nutritional info! And for those looking for a direct integration with MyFitnessPal, please let them hear from you! Weā€™ve made inquiries but so far no response from their sideā€¦

Let us know what you think about the new features! Cheers!

Loving the app so far, thank you for creating such a helpful tool!

My one suggestion is that I would love to be able to upload new recipes into the app. From sites like allrecipes etc. Any hope for future abilities to upload recipes from outside the app?

Iā€™m very satisfied with the recipes so far, but want to be able to mix in breakfast items, smoothies, desserts etc as I use it mostly for a meal-planning app and less for calorie restrictions.

Thanks again for your awesome work!

A Vegan meal plan would be nice :upside_down_face:

I love the app and I just want to emphasize as you make changes, please do not make them overly complicated. One of the things I really love about this app is the simplicity. Iā€™ve been a pro user for going on almost a year and I have a large online community that Iā€™ve recommended this app to several times. Several people also use it now as well.

Suggestions:

1. KETO KETO KETO - This means high-protein high-fat low-carbā€™s. Your low-carb solutions are also low fat typically, and as I have followed Keto Iā€™ve found myself using this app less and less because the options just arenā€™t there for recipes that fit within my current diet plan.

2. For those of you looking for integration into calorie trackers, Carb Manager allows you to integrate your recipes from any website including taking the link from Mealime and putting it into your calorie counter. It also tracks macros beautifully.

3. I second the option for removing some items from the recipe and getting more accurate nutritional information with those items removed. Sometimes I can alter your recipes to be lower carb higher fat, but then the nutritional information is completely off.

4. More new recipes! As a pro user one of the things I love is having all these awesome recipes that are exclusive to me because I pay a premium each month. I would like even more!

5. The idea for rating recipes is spot on. I have occasionally found a recipe that isnā€™t great, and I would like to be able to remove this from my search results in the future by giving it a low rating or letting other people know why I would not cook this meal again.

Thank you for the excellent app and I look forward to coming changes!

Wow. Thanks for all of this great feedback. Thatā€™s fantastic! Here are my thoughts point-by-point:

1. We added a ā€œKetoā€ menu type recently with some great Keto recipes. Try it out and let me know how it is!

2. Since we synchronize our nutritional info with Apple Health now, iPhone users should be able to get that info into Carb Manager automatically (assuming Carb Manager supports importing from Apple Health, if not let them know :wink: ).

3. Good suggestion.

4. We are working hard to get lots of new recipes out to you! We make all the recipes in house which ensure that they are awesome, but it definitely takes a lot of work. We have two awesome chefs starting who are going to help us consistently add great recipes!

5. Thumbs up on this idea :wink:

2 Likes

Also I just thought of this! You say sometimes that you released new recipes, is there a way to feature only new recipes so that we can see all the hard work youā€™ve been doing? Even if it doesnā€™t fit in with our plans, it be great to see that the app continues to update with new and better recipes and maybe we can direct you into new recipes that would fit more of our diet plans in general.

1 Like

We donā€™t do a good enough job advertising our new recipes, true! Weā€™re going to start posting them more regularly to our blog https://medium.com/mealime . Iā€™d like to add something to the app, too, so that it is easy to see all the new recipes regardless of your meal plan settings.

1 Like

With fall and winter coming up, it would be nice to see some slow cooker/crock pot meals available, those are always popular in our house around that time of year.

1 Like

High protein option under meal customization

I just started using the app this week, and a couple of things to note:

• As a single person looking to do meal prepping for an entire work week, it would be a neat feature to add a ā€œserving sizeā€ to reflect that (as of now Iā€™m utilizing the largest serving size which I believe is dinner for 3-4 people).

• Having a snacks option would be awesome. Iā€™m not much of a breakfast eater, but Iā€™d like to know what snacks are qualified based on the selected diet so that I can eat a snack for breakfast. Currently, Iā€™m on the keto diet, so Iā€™m adding keto-approved snacks to my grocery list based on my Google searches.

Overall, this is an amazing app and I plan to keep using this even if the above features donā€™t get shipped :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Add broke student as a food category.

2 Likes

Something Iā€™d like to see is choosing different meals with the same ingredients because I buy in bulk and itā€™d be awesome if i could use the same ingredients for more than one meal.

So I am brand new to this as of like an hour ago and so far it looks fantastic. I love to cook and the recipes look nutritious and tasty. One thing I noticed is that (and I totally realize this is a bit picky) is that the non- diary option for food allergies eliminates all cheese. My wife has a lactose intolerance and she canā€™t have ā€œtraditionalā€ softercheeses. However, she can have aged cheese and certain Swiss cheeses (as most are lactose free). It would be nice to maybe have a sub set of allergy options, once you pick a main allergy. For example, you pick diary free, then it gives you some option like ā€œcan eat aged or lactose free cheesesā€. Or another example would beā€¦nut allergy, sub category could be different varieties of nuts and you could click the nuts you either CAN or CANNOT have. Just a thought as I know some allergies as more nuanced than just I can or canā€™t eat it.

I need to be able to search recipes by ingredient.

I just joined this app and am very excited to give it a whirl. The only thing I noticed is I could not choose more than one type of meal planning. If Iā€™ve missed how I can do this please let me know. Many thanksšŸ˜‰

Hi when you are building a meal plan: Tap the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right hand corner of the planner to search by ingredients.

I would like to be able to filter by calorie and search key words! Iā€™d love e to see breakfasts. Currently I make a couple of frittata, and Iā€™d love it to sync to my fitness pal.

Please list the ingredients in the order in which they appear in the instructions. That is the way it is done on almost every other recipe.

1 Like