What would make Mealime better for you? šŸš€

My household is dairy free, yet there is no option for that under allergies. Instead Iā€™m stuck sifting through recipes. I know Iā€™m not alone in wanting this option added in the future!

I just downloaded it today but I can already see three things:

1. I have more than 4 people in my family, including 3 growing boys. Being able to scale what I need (in addition to having leftovers for lunches and big eaters) would be great. Having separate questions like ā€œHow many people in your family?ā€ ā€œAre there big eaters?ā€ ā€œDo you want leftovers for lunches?ā€ Then it could scale it a little better.

2. I chose my 7 day plan, but then as I went through the grocery list I realized I didnā€™t want one of the recipes anymore, but I couldnā€™t change it out. When I selected ā€œnewā€ to attempt to make a new meal plan with the other recipes I had chosen a whole new crop of recipes came up. Iā€™m not complaining about the variety, but I couldnā€™t get the ones I really wanted to try, and couldnā€™t get rid of the one I changed my mind on. There needs to be a way to delete a recipe and select something else.

3. I prefer to plan 2 weeks rather than weekly. Saves me trips to the grocery store and I can bulk shop better if I know what to plan for. Having options to plan more than 1 week would be helpful.

The option to customize portions for each meal would be great. For example, my husband and I chose four portions as our default setting so we can get dinner and lunch out of each recipe, but some recipes donā€™t work well for lunch (any of the burgers, for example) so we have to cut the recipe in half ourselves or cook it over two nights.
I love this app and how much easier it has made my life. We recently went through some employment changes, though, and found that many of the recipes were rather expensive per portion during our leaner financial times. Being able to search by estimated cost of ingredients, or budget friendly recipes, would be great. Alternatively and perhaps more effectively, if there was some sort of way to search via a checklist of ingredients you already have in your home and get the recipes that would require shopping for the least extra ingredients this would also accomplish that task. For example, the feature would present you with a list of the items in the recipes on mealime, and you could put a check mark by the ones you have. Then it could filter recipes and present you the best matches.

I thought that by signing up for pro I would get more editing options. I would really love to be able to cancel a meal from my current meal plan, or add a meal. Additionally if it could update the grocery list that would be awesome.

1 Like

Add recipes so we can customize grocery list

I would like to see two additional features. I would like the ability to:

Search by ingredient. If Iā€™m in the mood for salmon, I would like to find salmon recipes.

Search by prep time. If I know I will be short on time one or more days, I would like to find recipes that take less time. I often click on the recipe details to find a recipe that takes less time. This, in return, adds time to my recipe search.

Thanks!

Hi! I have been using the app for a couple of days and I love it! It takes of the burden of cooking and it actually makes it enjoyable.

What would make it even better is the ability to add a recipe. For example, I found a very tasty salad I would like to add to the app as ā€œmy recipesā€ (for example) and try it later. It would be best if once added, it would generate the shopping list the same way it does with the current app recipes (I love that feature!!!)

Your service is amazing and Iā€™ve used several other similar services. There are two things that would be extremely helpful.

One
When looking at a meal having the option to pick only the ingredients needed for that individual meal. So each item could be added to the shopping cart as its needed by the user. Most people have several items at home already so by choosing a meal and having the entire meal uploaded to the cart each time requires an individual to go through extra effort in order to remove any items already in the home. It becomes redundant for each recipe.

Two
A convinence option for users whereas the mealtime shopping cart links automatically to an online store, like Amazon or a grocery store pickup service would be so nice. Making it more convenient to retrieve groceries for the meal planning, without feeling like you have to go onto these sites seperately.

When I chose my preference for meal plan types I wanted less meat so I chose that optionā€¦ but then too I wanted lower carbs but as far as I can tell I canā€™t choose both. Maybe there isnā€™t a way to filter out all the recipes that fit both requirements. It would be cool if that was an option.

Maybe there is a way to do this but I havenā€™t seen/found it yet. Iā€™m a new user though so Iā€™ll keep trying.

It would be awesome to have a complete meal plan, like breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I personally am using this app to eat healither and to lose weight, and I feel like Iā€™m not the only one. Keep up the great work and Iā€™m always looking forward to new recipes! P.S. short videos with instructions wout be very bennifical

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a coconut allergy in my house, but I canā€™t select it as an allergy or a dislike. :frowning:

2 Likes

breakfast and lunch! it would be awesome to use this app to plan out my whole week. so far iā€™ve made two recipes and loved them both. quick and easy.

We have to be egg free and dairy free, but have some good substitutions available for some things and Iā€™d love to have menu options reflect that. For example, we have cream cheese, sour cream, and pasta options that work for us, but I canā€™t include those things without my menu options filling up with milk, cheese, and eggs. Iā€™d love a way to add back in the things I have good substitutes for.

1 Like

1: Would love to be able to omit chillies from recipes in dislikes! :slight_smile:
2: breakfast options
3: meal categories - eg, slow cooker, freezer meal options, young child-friendly options, dinner to impress, super simple, etc
4: someone above already mentioned - if we have milk or egg allergy, but using recipes that include these with suggested substitutes (eg oat or almond milk etc) :slight_smile:
Great app! X

1 Like

Hi, I just started using the app and itā€™s great, but one thing that would make it better for me is if there was an easy way to tell which recipes youā€™ve made before, maybe like a little checkmark in the bottom left or right corner of the image when creating a meal plan. Iā€™d like to try a bunch of new recipes but knowing me Iā€™ll forget which ones Iā€™ve already tried. That way as I am making the new meal plan I wonā€™t accidentally add repeats. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like the ability to share the grocery list and cooking instructions with my family. Also a cost estimation tool would be nice (but harder to implement)

I would love this!! Iā€™m a big prep person! I just wish some foods would last more than a few days after washing/cutting them :frowning: Iā€™m open for any/all help I can get on this topic!!

I would like to see you guys could come up with a low-fat diet option, for both health and preference. I have biliary dyskinesia and itā€™s hard to come up with low-fat meals that wonā€™t cause my gaulbladder to spaz out. You guys are the best app I have used and I have been using it for over a year. Iā€™m am quite pleased with app, this would just make this a even better.

I chose the flexitarian menu which to me means limiting my meat. Maybe once or twice a week, but focus on the veggies. The menu Iā€™m selecting from is mixed veggies and meat dishes, but it seems to be >50% meat. If I could have these separated into two menus, so itā€™s easy to pick out one or two meat dishes every week and fill in the remaining veggie dishes, this app would be so much better!

I have acute pancreatitis and if there was a fat filter that could show all meals low in fat i.e.(no butter, oil, or anything that upsets the pancreas would be cool.