What would make Mealime better for you? 🚀

A Mediterranean meal plan option.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

I second that! A Mediterranean meal option would be an excellent addition. (I’m a pro user.)

Hi not sure if this has been suggested, but maybe adding a subdivided ingredient list for each part of a recipe. I specifically ran into an issue, albeit minor, while making the Chicken & Bell Pepper Fajitas with Guacamole, and I wanted to use store-bought guac instead of making from scratch (for expedience). I had to manually go through the recipe to figure out which ingredients were for which were part.

Secondly, I was not able to comment on the app version (I had to go to the browser for this comment) because every time I tapped on the text field, the keyboard popped up over the field and was unable to scroll the field above the keyboard. I had to keep hitting ‘back’ to see what I had written, which made correcting anything a nightmare. (Google Pixel 2 XL with Swiftkey)

Thanks for the suggestions! We will look into a fix, so you will be able to comment in the app. Thanks for letting us know.

It’d be really nice to either be able to categorize or search your favorites. My favorites list is getting pretty long since I favorite anything I’ve made that I’d make again.

Ability to add my own items to grocery list. Thanks!

Here is a link on how to add items to your grocery list.https://support.mealime.com/article/76-adding-your-own-items-to-the-grocery-list

I would like to have a page where I can just scroll through all the meals with out having to add them to my meal plan. Sometimes I still have meals on this week’s meal plan, because I’m trying to use up an ingredient like sweet potato. But I’m trying to work on my grocery list for next week and I want to look at next week’s.

One thing that I would like is to be able to switch between 2 serving and 4 serving options within the same week. Sometimes I am cooking for myself, sometimes I use Mealime to prepare meals for friends or my parents when they visit.

Also my favorites disappear when I have to change to the 4 serving option (for example, I am going home for Christmas and will be cooking for my family and none of my favorites show up because they are saved in the 2 serving option).

I’ve recently started meal prepping using the max serving of 4. This app is great for that! However, I have noticed some meals don’t last as long as I would hoped. So maybe a category of meals that are good for meal prep? Also, a majority of these recipes are dinner based. Maybe adding a large lunch and snack based menu. Some nice sandwiches and oat recipes.

The use of the Google Home Smart Displays is a MUST for 2019.
Users can send lots of recipes from a simple google search to the home hub, however mealime recipes to not come up with the same ability. This feature would allow non subscription users to make the recipes on the home hub.

Another option would be the same type of button within the app itself, we can can interact with the recipe from the phone, or by voice.

Thanks for all the good work!

The instructions in the app are too wordy. for someone who doesn’t have any experience cooking, they may be entirely necessary, however, for anyone who has used the app for even two weeks, they become hard to parse quickly. For example:

Have the avocado lengthwise and twist the halves to separate, then remove the pit with a knife or spoon, scoop out and small dice the flesh into quarter inch cubes. Add to the salad bowl.

For most people, the following would convey just as much information while being easier to read quickly:

Add quarter-inch diced avocado to salad bowl.

You could even have an information icon or question mark so that when they click on that it will give them the full text in case they’re not quite sure how to accomplish that. I’m at the point now where I would love to be able to just read through the instructions once before I start the meal, and then not have to look at the app again. It’s hard to keep everything in my mind when I have to read through a bunch of redundant information in order to extract the useful bits out of it.

I would like the ability to transfer my nutritional meal info into other apps such as Fitbit. I like the ability of Apple health, but being able to export to other apps would be wonderful and would more incentive for subscribers

I am really enjoying this app and so far have no complaints about how it’s laid out. For me personally I’ve challenged myself to make 5 new recipes a week. I know you can mark off which recipes you’ve made, but I would love it if there was just a tally somewhere on your profile to let you know how many different things you’ve cooked.

I would like to see Google Home Integration.

1. Being able to add items to the grocery list via google home. Its so convenient to open the fridge and ask (via voice) google home to add stuff to my shopping list. Currently use both google shopping list and mealime. When at the store I am constantly switching back and forth. would be nice to just use mealime.

2. Being able to display cooking instructions on google home display. Voice advancing the instructions and having the display read the instructions to me is very handy.

I love this app! Seriously it’s really amazing but one problem I have is that if it says the recipe will take 30 mins it always takes me closer to 45 and if it’s the first time cooking it it may take an hour. Maybe I’m just a slow cook but I do strive to make dinner as quick and simple as possible. With most recipes I have “mom hacked” them and made simple changes like buying already sliced carrots instead of whole carrots or using canned corn instead of on the cob. In one recipe I bake the sweet potatoes rather than cook in a pan so that they are cooking while I’m getting the rest of the dinner ready. Which is one reason I am happy to have the subscription because I can make not of these little tweaks to the recipes. I’d love if new recipes had a few suggestions on how to “hack” a recipe to make it simpler or faster (even just at the bottom with an asterisk or something). Another issue I have is that I feel like the meat takes almost twice as long to cook as stated. Again maybe I’m the only one with this issue but especially with chicken I feel it takes much longer to cook. For example I made wings with spicy carrots the other night and it says the chicken should cook two to three mins on each side and a total of ten mins. It felt like it took forever and because I’m paranoid that I’m going to serve raw chicken I googled how to tell when chicken is cooked and then checked each one with a thermometer. It felt like over kill but I didn’t know how else to tell if the chicken was done since it still looked raw in places after ten minutes.

One other thing is that when it says medium sauce pan or large pan that is actually more vague than it seems. I made the wedding soup the other day and it said medium pan so I used my medium pan but then had to switch it to a bigger one half way through because it didn’t fit. If it had in addition approximately how many quarts or how big in diameter a pan should be that would be helpful!

Again I really love the app and though I was long winded in this post these complaints really are minor in the grand scheme of things and I am happy to be subscribed to this app I think it’s worth every penny!

I like the idea of being able to add our own recipes, but the way that works now isn’t something I’d use since it’s pretty basic, so I maintain my recipes in Paprika. He’s a few suggestions that would improve it (for me):

• Ability to add/edit recipes in the desktop browser. I’d rather type out a long recipe on my computer than my phone.
  • Ability to add an image to the recipe.
  • Autocomplete suggestions or search for ingredients. If one isn’t recognized, maybe offer up the name/quantity/section dialog that exists in the shopping list.
  • Add custom recipe ingredients to the proper category in the shopping list.
  • Import a recipe from a txt or html file.
  • One of my favorite features of Paprika is the Save Recipe Bookmarklet. I’m not sure how it scapes web pages for recipes, but it works well. Something like that for Mealime custom recipes would be awesome.
  • The format of Mealime recipes is awesome, and it’s spoiled me for recipes from other sources. I’d love if there was an advanced editor for custom recipes that’d let me use the same format you all use.
  • Export recipes (custom and Mealime) so they can be easily imported into another app.

Hi There, Thank you for the feedback these are great suggestions!

Hi @Campah Thanks for the suggestions! We are looking at ways to evolve the “Upload your own recipes” feature.