Recipes with Sugar

Hello all! I’m new to Mealime and I’m really excited to start using it. I’m starting Whole30 and want to use Mealime to help with recipes and planning; however, I can’t find a way to exclude sugar from the recipes. Is there a way to do that? I checked the list of ingredients to exclude, but I didn’t see it on there.

1 Like

Hello @tmarie! Welcome to Mealime and to the community :slight_smile:

There is essentially no added sugar in any of the recipes. Though we may require honey or maple syrup from time to time, these are only used for dressings and can be manually excluded. Any other sugars you see in the nutritional information comes from the fruits and vegetables themselves - not from added sugar.

2 Likes

That’s perfect - thank you!!

1 Like

I was just typing up a similar question when your post popped up! Thank you for asking and thank you for your response Jeff.

tmarie, how is your W30 experience going? I just started yesterday and discovered mealtime while shopping some other suggested resources. I am super excited about W30 and Mealtime! Maybe you could share some recipes that you have enjoyed (W30 compliant of course!)

Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Glad my question was helpful!

Whole 30 is amazing! I lost 19.6 pounds in the 30 days, had way more energy, my skin cleared up, and I had zero tummy issues! Rather than their reintroduction, I decided to continue with Whole 30 with intentional cheat meals. If I feel myself slipping into bad habits again, I’ll remove the option of cheat meals for a few weeks.

I never want to feel like I did before Whole30 again!

I would love to share my favorite recipes! This chimichurri chicken is the BEST. THING. EVER. I have it almost every week. Chicken thighs are the best kind to make with it. http://www.realfoodwithdana.com/chimichurri-chicken-wings-ranch-dressing/

Also I highly encourage you to make your own ranch and mayo. You know exactly what goes in it and can adjust to your taste. The ranch recipe is in the above link and here is the mayo (be sure to read the whole blog post, they include good tips): http://whole30.com/2014/05/mayo/

One last tip: read your labels! Even when you’re buying something you’re sure has no sugar. Almost every packaged food in the store has sugar (including chicken broth and hashbrowns! Crazy!)

I lied, one last last thing: you CAN do this! I don’t know you or your journey, but I know you’ll probably have days where you just want to cheat a little or just give up. Don’t do it! Keep going! You will thank yourself at the end of the 30 days. And who knows, maybe you end up like me and don’t ever want to go back! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is incredible! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for that feeling on day 30! Thank you for sharing your recipes, I can’t wait to try them! I made the perfect burger with Avacodo last night and Portebello Mushroom caps as the bun… Amazing!

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your story @tmarie!!! That’s incredible. Best of luck to @Dshaff21 as well :thumbsup: :smiley: Keep us posted on your progress!

1 Like